|Your cart is currently empty|
- Newly Added
- Video and Audio
- Davis Program Support
- The Dyslexic Reader
- Every Day Discounts
No sale items at this time.
Davis Dyslexia Materials — Buying Guide
- Where do I start?
- If you are a parent, tutor or teacher who wants to learn more about Davis methods, the best place to start is with the book, The Gift of Dyslexia. The book will provide you with a new perspective on dyslexia and explain the theory behind the Davis approach. The book also contains a step-by-step guide to the essential techniques that are used by licensed Davis Facilitators to help individuals overcome barriers to reading and other common difficulties associated with dyslexia.
- Do your kits have all materials needed for working with a child or other dyslexic individual?
- The Davis Young Learners Kit for Home Use contains all appropriate material for working with a young child, aged 5 to 8. The materials with this kit are geared to building early foundational skills for beginning readers. This kit is ideal l for home schooling or for parents who would like to give their young children a head start or extra support during early primary years.
You should use the child's age rather than reading level to guide you in the choice of a kit. If you are unsure of which kit to buy because your child's age is borderline (about 8 years old), we recommend starting with the Davis Young Learners Kit. We feel that it is better to start gently and lay a good foundation with a child, so that both the parent and child can have a successful and enjoyable experience.
The Davis Symbol Mastery Kit is geared to individuals age 8 and over, and comes in two versions. The Standard Kit provides support materials for the Davis Symbol Mastery (clay modeling) portion of the program only. This is a good option for families who already own a copy of The Gift of Dyslexia and have successfully worked through the parts of the book describing Davis Orientation and/or Davis Alignment.
Individuals who want support materials for Davis techniques for orientation and attention focus, should purchase the Deluxe Kit, which includes the following additional items:
- The Gift of Dyslexia
- The Davis Dyslexia Correction Orientation Procedures DVD (Supplements The Gift of Dyslexia; provides demonstrations and videos of various Davis techniques.)
- Set of two Koosh balls (Koosh balls are ideal for practice of Davis exercises to address coordination probems, improve attention focus, and help with left/right confusion)
Buyers who want the most comprehensive and up-to-date support material may also consider purchasing:
- The Gift of Learning (Optional; provides guidelines and instructions for application of Davis technniques to problems with math, handwriting, and/or attention focus.}