Authors: T.M. Centanni , D. Pantazis, D.T. Truong, J.R. Gruen, J.D.E. Gabrieli, T.P. Hogan.
Publication: Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience In Press, Available online 26 May 2018 2018 | DOI: 10.1016/j.dcn.2018.05.008
- • Quantified variability in evoked neural responses of children with and without dyslexia.
- • A subset of children with dyslexia had significantly higher variability in cortex.
- • Higher variability observed in auditory and visual domains in multiple reading network nodes.
- • Risk alleles in KIAA0319 were related to degree of variability in auditory cortex.
- • Results support unstable neural responses as a mechanism for some cases of dyslexia.