Ronald Dell Davis is the author of the books The Gift of Dyslexia and The Gift of Learning. His unique insights led to development of the Davis approach to dyslexia in the early 1980’s, first offered in his California-based Reading Research Council. After the founding of DDAI in 1995, Ron Davis began training others to carry on his work. In recent years he has focused his attention on autism, and his work is the basis the book Autism and the Seeds of Change.
Articles on this site:
From The Gift of Dyslexia, Ron Davis’ list of 8 general talents that characterize dyslexia.
Environmental factors and life stresses that impact symptoms of dyslexia.. Why dyslexia symptoms can change from day to day.
Having been functionally illiterate for the first 38 years of my life, and having overcome the problem sufficiently to write a book and read it onto tape, here is what I’ve found out: dyslexia is not the result of brain […]
Ron Davis’ account of his childhood experiences and emergence from autism. How clay modeling came to be incorporated in all Davis programs.
37 Common Symptoms. Most dyslexics exhibit 10 or more of these traits and behaviors.
How the cycle of confusion, frustration, and disorientation leads to symptoms of dyslexia and other learning barriers.
Articles in The Dyslexic Reader:
- A Different Look at Attention Deficit Disorder (Issue 25)
- A Typical ADD Scenario Excerpt from The Gift of Learning (Issue 34)
- Disorientation and Dyslexic Perception Description of experimental research exploring how disorientation affects perception (Issue 26)
- Koosh Ball Therapy A simple and fun way to build on orientation skills (Issue 5)
- Putting Self in the Picture (Issue 11)
- Red Dirt and Water (Issue 10)
- Sixteen Amazing Days in New Zealand (Issue 52)
- The Duststorm of Deception (Issue 38)
- The History of Concept Mastery and Symbol Mastery (Issue 30)
- The Seven Causes of Handwriting Problems, Part 1 Excerpt from The Gift of Learning (Issue 42)
- The Seven Causes of Handwriting Problems, Part 2 The Seven Causes of Handwriting Problems, Part 2 (Issue 43)
- The Threshold for Confusion (Issue 40)
- Waking Up: The Origin of Concept Mastery (Issue 40)
Share this page!